Pedigree editor has Cancer Tab where most common cancers are listed and easy for user to select and add details such age of onset, laterality, primary/met and comments.
Any information entered in the pedigree' cancer tab will be saved in pedigree editor, however the cancers will not be shown in the patient record.
Team needs to discuss the optimal way to show and enable editing of such information in the Patient record form.
- Can we introduce cancers as a another/special subgroup in the Clinical symptoms and physical findings section?
- Or should cancers have their own section?
Please see the last point in this issue logged by Courtney Hum .
On Oct 24 team discussed and recommended the following:
- Cancers will be presented in their own section, positioned right after phenotype section
- The look of the Cancer section should follow the look of the Phenotypes section as much as possible ( the search at the top, predefined cancers displayed as in the pedigree editor, cancer details on the right side with DELETE, EDIT DETAILS and CLEAR DETAILS buttons)
- cancers should by added to phenotypes when determining gene panels and diagnoses
- "This patient is clinically normal" is not needed in the Cancer section